Sleeping pattern of 10 week old

(9 Posts)
Macaroons Mon 19-Nov-12 10:33:47

Dear all, thanks for the tips and the link. We will hang in there!!

capecath Sun 18-Nov-12 14:23:27

Hey, think it is still early days... They tend to have one longer stretch and it starting at bedtime is not a bad place to begin. We're at 14 weeks and already this stretch is getting longer. DS1 was exactly the same. Hang in there!! x

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 18-Nov-12 13:44:56

Have you thought of moving bedtime a little later too, he might sleep from 8 to 12 and then you could have 3 or 4 hours of undisturbed sleep.

Have a read of 31 ways to get your baby to sleep and stay asleep as it has some great tips smile.

Lucylucy57 Sun 18-Nov-12 11:28:15

Mine also did exactly the same at that age. He's 20 weeks now and has naturally started to only wake once between 11 and 6.30-7. The time he's waking at is also getting later and later so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at some point soon he will just go through. I'm sure yours will also grow out of this soon.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 18-Nov-12 10:25:27

Agree that it will naturally change but if you are tired just try going to bed earlier for a while. If you google askdrsears 31 ways to get you baby to sleep' there are some good suggestions for gentle encouragement smile

MissRedIndie Sun 18-Nov-12 04:23:21

Probably worth posting this on the sleep board... Just to add though that DD1 did this, big sleep at the beginning of the night and small sleeps with frequent feedings till morning. It didn't last too long though, as the big sleep increased in length gradually and the subsequent sleeps became more settled and feedings spaced out. Hang on in there!

IceNoSlice Sun 18-Nov-12 03:29:20

Mine has the same pattern at 14 weeks. Watching for replies.

MrsCantSayAnything Sun 18-Nov-12 03:24:45

Are you spending enough time winding him? And are you feeding him in a quiet and dimly lit room?

Macaroons Sun 18-Nov-12 00:45:49

My 10 weeks old baby sleeps really well between 7-11pm, I feed him at 11, but doesn't sleep so well after that, would wake 2-3 times till 7am. How can I encourage him to sleep more between 12-7am? (I'd rather feed him every two hours between 7-11pm, than between 12-7am!) if he can last 5 hours between feed in late evening, how can I encourage him to do the same in the early hours? Any tips much appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now