At what age did your dc start watching CBBC and what did/do they watch?

(4 Posts)
amazingmumof6 Fri 16-Nov-12 21:59:13

I think that what I've seen so far there's nothing inappropriate so to speak, but yes some things are better for when she's a little old

the only ones I don't like are ghost and monster stuff, but the funny thing is my 8 year old will run away but my 6 year old (well 6 next month) loves scary things, he's favourite film is Jaws!
(he saw it by accident, he was ill, and sleeping on the sofa, I watched the film on almost mute, then halfway through I realized he was watching it too...)

Melmagpie Fri 16-Nov-12 20:22:20

She's still only five so after the very youngest end of CBBC, if appropriate. she's seen My Monsters and Me which she loves but I think some of the themes are a bit old. Today she watched Dennis and Gnasher...

amazingmumof6 Fri 16-Nov-12 17:35:55

I let them watch most programs, my oldest four are 11, 9, 8 and 6.

look through the menu together to see what's available and what she finds interesting and watch those things together so you can both decide.
there really is a wide variety from junior master chef (love!) to scooby doo (eh..) to sit-com types (ok)

I'll ask the boys what they like best.

how old is he?

Melmagpie Fri 16-Nov-12 17:14:31

dd seems to be starting to grow out of cbbc although she does still love some shows. Are there any good young CBBC shows that I could expand the repetoire with?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now