AARRRGGHHH! DS (2.3) unbuckling seat belt and running around the car whilst I am driving!

(27 Posts)
TeenTwinsToddlerandTiaras Thu 15-Nov-12 21:03:13

DS is a big lad and has grown out of his 'harness' type reclining car seat. He is now is a Group 2 full car seat which uses the car seat belt. Very quickly he learnt how to unbuckle the seat belt and I have had several occasions where he has leapt from the seat while I am driving and started running around my 7 seater car jumping on all the seats! He also unbuckles the seat belt when I stop the car and has great fun running from one end of the car to the other while I try to catch the little bugger (gritted teeth grin).

Patience is wearing thin now - how can I stop him unbuckling his seat belt PLEASE?

SamSmalaidh Sat 17-Nov-12 11:14:00

It does sound like he is too young - my DS is the same age and I don't think I could trust him to understand/remember the consequences of unbuckling himself, they are so impulsive at this age. Even if his group 1 seat is a bit snug, I'd put him back in it for a few more months too.

threepiecesuite Sat 17-Nov-12 20:14:59

I would too, and tell him it's because he can't be trusted in a 'big boy' seat. He needs to know it's no laughing matter in any way whatsoever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now