When to worry about not having all teeth?

(6 Posts)
PoisonMountain Fri 16-Nov-12 14:56:07

Not in the UK!

rrreow Fri 16-Nov-12 13:35:34

Don't all kids get free dentistry on the NHS? Or are you not in the UK OP?

PoisonMountain Thu 15-Nov-12 20:56:56

Thanks. I won't be making an appointment til next year (when money's not so tight!) so hopefully he'll be like yours nextphase. He has no problems eating, the trick is getting him to stop!

Ponders Thu 15-Nov-12 20:34:40

I used to know a child who didn't get all her milk teeth - can't remember the exact details now (was over 15 years ago) but I have a feeling she only ever got the front ones & was subsequently fitted with some false back ones to eat with

your DS is late - ask if you can have a full mouth X-ray. I know it's not generally advisable for children, but that will show both milk & adult teeth forming in the gums. or else hang on for 6 months to see if nextphase's DC is the same as yours...

god luck smile

nextphase Thu 15-Nov-12 20:29:24

At 3.5 the last 2 molars are just coming through here.
We had 16 teeth at 3yrs old. The dentist didn't bat an eyelid when we were there. But it did feel like we were the only ones still teething!
Can you take him along to your next dentist appointment, and get them checked, just for peace of mind?

PoisonMountain Thu 15-Nov-12 19:53:22

When should I start for worry that there might be a problem? DS is very nearly three and still doesn't have all his teeth. We're waiting for the top back ones to make an appearance, but there is no sign of them. I thought that they should have all of their teeth by now, certainly all his friends his age have had all their teeth for ages. Should I be worried?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now