Pg and upset 4 yo

(2 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 14-Nov-12 20:41:26

I'd just stop mentioning the pg and the new baby to her completely. If she brings up the subject then talk to her obviously smile.

She is obviously a bright girl and knows that her world is about to change forever.

philbee Wed 14-Nov-12 18:48:11

I'm 18 wks pg. DD is 4, and knows about the pregnancy. She is really happy and excited about the baby, talks about it every day, strokes my tummy and suggests things the baby could play with etc.

But she's also been quite upset about things which didn't phase her lately, she was homesick and upset during a sleepover at grandparents. And yesterday when we got to school she cried and cried, wouldn't go in, then cried inside and I sat in there, then we had a story with the TA in the corridor. After that she calmed down, but it's really unlike her. Apparently she was fine this morning when DH dropped her off.

Have other people had this with older siblings when expecting a baby? I've asked her if she's worried about it or wants to talk but she says no. What can I do to make it easier for her, or reassure her?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now