Toddler keeps getting out of bed

(6 Posts)
annamcsherry79 Mon 11-Nov-13 10:34:34

Anyone have recommendation for a gate for bedroom? Think I need a mesh type on, dd aged 27 months can scale extra tall one with bars!

ZuleikaD Tue 13-Nov-12 15:27:46

Lol - yes we had to put DD's well out of her reach. We also had the stairgate across the door which works well.

Meglet Tue 13-Nov-12 14:31:37

Or (sorry to put a dampner on things) he might ignore the Gro-Clock and learn to unlock it and make the sun rise extra early by day 2. A year of it never worked. We've had a bad run of sleep in the last 2yrs <<sigh>>.

I really wanted it to work as they are lovely gadgets.

ZuleikaD Tue 13-Nov-12 13:32:20

If he's 3 then he would understand a Gro-Clock and staying in bed when the stars are out. You could do a reward/sticker system for a while until he gets used to managing his freedom to get out. It's still a novelty at the moment.

Meglet Tue 13-Nov-12 13:00:26

DD was like that, I ended up getting a stair gate across her door to contain her a bit in the night. Rapid Return went down from 60 to 20 in 2 weeks and then I just cracked and would sit against her door until she was quiet and went to sleep, it was quicker than RR and wearing me out. So, no real ideas here, just sympathy!

brucey Tue 13-Nov-12 12:57:07

My second child a boy will be 3 in a week. he has been in his own bed for about 2 mionths ( his baby sister got his cot ) He has always been great at going to bed and will sleep with the routine him and his older brother have been used to, bath books story etc. For some reason he has just decided to get up outof bed on many occasions - maybe 30 or 40 times last night. he would get out of bed and scream for daddy, or mummy. He was waking the other children and woudl simply keep getting out of bed. My husband and I would do the no conversation thing and put him back to bed, but I feel that after 30 or 40 times it lost its effect. I had to sleep with him for 10 mins until he fell asleep. We both work full time and are absolutely exhausted. Any help or advice would be appreciated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now