Anyone else have a 3 year old acting like a Teen?

(5 Posts)
ZombTEE Fri 12-Oct-12 07:48:17

Yup. Total threenager.

Anchorwoman Fri 12-Oct-12 07:29:25

Yep, hand in the air. Ds was a very early talker and just used year two as a warm up. He's really honed his skills now at three and runs rings round me. I find myself constantly negotiating with him or in a Mexican standoff over some minor point. He will push every rule, every limit, every button. Sometimes it's funny....mostly not funny though.

DorsetKnob Fri 12-Oct-12 07:22:08

Both of mine were threenagers.

ZuleikaD Fri 12-Oct-12 07:19:57

They're not called threenagers for nothing...

BoyMeetsWorld Fri 12-Oct-12 07:16:08

I think my toddler's sailed through the Terrible Twos & hit the Torturous Teens early :s

He's super bright & knows lots of things but flatly refuses to tell you half the time. He just rolls his eyes or intentionally pretends to get things wrong...I think he's decided it's funny. He's not remotely motivated by rewards (star charts, praise, little treats for being good) & couldn't care less if he's punished - put on the naughty step or told off. He seems to find that pretty funny too or just argues his point repeatedly.

He's now started deliberately being naughty - whispering naughty words under his breath whilst staring us dead in the eye to see what the reaction will be. Once told off, he carries on but even quieter so that you know what he's doing but can't really prove it. He LOVES playing DH, DM & I against each other, telling us all each other have said or agreed to things (when we haven't).

Despite us being really fairly strict parents, DS firmly believes he can dictate what we do, what we eat, what we watch etc etc.

And I've never heard a toddler grasp sarcasm (intentionally) quite so thoroughly

On the plus side, he's gorgeous & very cuddly when the mood arises. Anyone else have a Mini Kevin?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now