Routines for 15 months

(53 Posts)
Cupcakemummy85 Mon 01-Oct-12 11:05:39

Hi all I was wondering if everyone could be so kind and share their routines with me as I'm at a bit of a cross roads with my dd routine. My dd is 15 months and has a great morning nap only cries for about ten mins and goes to sleep til about half twelve. However, in the afternoon she is shattered and extremley grumpy. I can't get her to nap in the afternoon no matter how tired she is! The afternoon is when we have always tended to do things so she has never really napped then and has always just been a bit of a grump in the afternoons (not so fun for her friends lol). Our routine at the moment is as follows:
7am wake
7.15am breakfast
10.30/11.30am milk then nap
1.00pm lunch
3/4pm snack
5.30pm dinner
7pm bedtime routine ie bath milk bed

I had thought of keeping her up til after lunch but right now it's 11 and he is so unbelievably tired! She is constantly whinging! Am I going worn somewhere?

harrygracejessica Fri 05-Oct-12 10:34:45

Mine are 17 months but been In this routine since 15 months as the 2 naps a day wasn't working for them.

Wake at 7am
Breakfast 7.30
Snack at 10.30
Sleep at 11
Wake up 1.30 ish
Lunch straight after
Snack at 4
Dinner at 5.30 and
Bed at 7

Cupcakemummy85 Fri 05-Oct-12 16:15:50

In the end after talking to my health visitor and some great advise on here, my daughter naps when I see she is tired. So far it's two naps a day but she might drop one in the future. She is still young and the health visitor said if she seems tired why take a nap away and I have to agree. My dd has been much better and I've come to realise her crying to sleep is more a result of seeing me walk away than her not wanting to sleep smile bless her. I miss her too he he

Asmywhimsytakesme Sat 06-Oct-12 22:24:18

Mine is doing:

Wake (I wake dc up) at 7.30
Bf - I am bf on demand so several a day
Brek
Play/groups etc
Sleep 11-12.30
Lunch
Play/groups etc
Sleep 3-5
Snack
Play
Dinner 7.30 (so we can all eat together)
Bed 9pm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now