cow and gate & aptimil anti reflux!

(10 Posts)
emz0909 Mon 16-Jul-12 16:19:12

hi all, i was in boots earlier and noticed they are stocking cow& gate/aptamil anti reflux formula.
has anyone used this yet?
thought i would share this to mums out there with babies suffering reflux like mine!
smile

loopydoo Mon 16-Jul-12 20:29:53

cheaper to get baby gaviscon on prescription - and doesn't compromise breastfeeding smile

Sargesaweyes Mon 16-Jul-12 20:56:20

The only milk that we could use when ds was very bad with acid reflux was aptamil comfort. Bloody expensive. This alone didn't solve ds discomfort though, he just didn't vomit quite so much. The only thing that really helped was ranitidine which he was prescribed until he was 8 months. Gaviscon really didn't help him.

emz0909 Mon 16-Jul-12 22:27:23

gaviscon constipated him and made him worse. he is on ranitidine & comfort milk which has made a slight difference.
i was just purely wondering if anyone had used this milk yet seen as most moms use comfort milk to help reflux

x

ivytree Thu 19-Jul-12 12:54:29

We have and with great success. More milk stays down with aptamil anti reflux than apatamil 1 and gaviscon. You cant give them gaviscon with the milk. Lots more poo but if ds is happier then we will go with that option!!

kdiddy Thu 19-Jul-12 12:58:10

We use aptamil comfort - made a big difference to DS. We've been advised it is fine to use with gaviscon so he's on that too plus ranitidine and domperidone - poor little guy sad

Did try taking him off the milk and gaviscon but sickness went right back up again so I guess we will periodically try reducing the meds

emz0909 Thu 19-Jul-12 15:27:43

do you find comfort milk and gaviscon made him constipated or? cuz he seems constipated atm just on comfort milk :/ ahhh x

harrygracejessica Mon 23-Jul-12 08:43:17

I used SMA stay down as didn't realise anyone else did something like that - my doctor put it on prescription for them as the gaviscon didn't work with the last 2.

capecath Mon 23-Jul-12 14:12:34

Oh wow, SMA staydown on prescription! We should have asked for that. We used it and it was a life-saver - highly recommend.

Ummaadam1 Sun 21-Feb-16 02:34:18

I used this with my ds and after 5 days he developed really hard stools containing blood. This is even after daily 5oz water feeds and one dose of lactulose. He passed stools prior to that but they were not like what we saw on 5th day. Seeing him in so much pain we stopped it straight away. Not back to lots of vomoting on normal aptamil formula. Planning to try carobel to thicken formula.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now