How old were your DC when you stopped using a pushchair?

(56 Posts)
IWillOnlyEatBeans Tue 22-May-12 13:42:28

Not a judgey thread, I am just curious. DS will be 2.10 when no2 arrives and I'm not sure whether we need to start saving for a double. He is a fairly good walker but deos still whinge to be carried after a while.

Thanks!

Hulababy Thu 24-May-12 14:22:45

2ish.
Kept pushchair for longer but she rarely used it.
Did take a stroller on holiday with us when she was 4y (Disney) as hoped she might nap in it or to rest during busy hot days in the Florida parks. She hardly used it, got rid when we got back.

Biggest thing I noticed was how much stuff I used to cart around - that quickly stopped once the buggy was gone and I had to carry it!

OhChristFENTON Thu 24-May-12 14:24:16

I got a Phil & Ted's tandem double when DS2 arrived, DS1 was 2.9 - it was perfect for us. I only had it about a year then sold it on ebay for only £50 less than I paid for it !

After that I had a basic chicco stroller and Lascal buggyboard.

I miss the stroller days sad

Wells2009 Tue 07-May-13 19:45:06

My daughter is 3.5 and in investing in a larger stroller for her as we don't walk a lot which means when we do walk further she gets tired really quickly, I'm all for trying to encourage her to walk but need a pushchair as I learnt the hard way after she collapsed after walking about a mile! Luckily for me she literally only sits in the pushchair on long days out when she needs some shade and a rest then when she feels ready again she gets out and trots along!! Don't let people judge you for putting you children in pushchairs, I will use it until she is able to walk around without needing to rest even if she's 25!!! I never want to see a child collapse again!!

Bumpsadaisie Tue 07-May-13 21:21:47

DD was 2 years 5 months (she stopped going in the buggy when DS arrived)

BabiesAreLikeBuses Wed 08-May-13 22:33:30

20 months... I abandoned trying to crowbar unwilling dts into seats... Single buggy and buggy board was great for doing distance until we were safe on scooters!

OneLittleToddleTerror Thu 09-May-13 09:29:44

DD has just given up on the pushchair at 2.1yo. She started refusing about 3 months ago. But only when DH is around. She would happily sit in the pushchair for the walk to nursery. This monday, she started refusing to go in it even for the trip to nursery suddenly. I wish she wouldn't insist on walking. She's can walk a long distance, but she stops often and gets side track a lot. I really wish she would still want her pushchair.

If I were you, I'd save up for one but not buy it yet. A child can change a lot in a few months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now