If you have previously recommended this thread, you should see a tick / check mark on the recommend button. Click the tick to undo the recommendation (the tick may appear to change to a cross as you do this.) If you added a comment with your recommendation, you will need to delete that from your facebook wall separately.
Cake recipe - 250ml veg or sunflower oil, 250g caster sugar, 100ml semi-skimmed milk, few drops vanilla extract, 4 medium eggs, 175g self raising flour - mix well and split into 2. Add 175g self-raising flour & half tsp baking powder to vanilla part, add 25g cocoa, 125g self-raising flour, half tsp baking powder & zest of half an orange to the chocolate side. mix both well & put into piping bags or jugs. Gradually add dollops into each other forming rings in the cake tin. Bake at 180' for 45minutes I am going to give it a go this week as its my daughters 4th birthday! Good luck all.
Thanks Geoff, may do that one some time soon, i was up early this morn, made fresh cream victoria sponge, and choccy cupcakes, with my homemade fudge sauce piped in the middle, then added some to my buttercream, very naughty, but very very nice!!
Making me hungry, Nanny! Too hot to cook here and I was not up early because people across the road from me had a party and their teenage DC's friends were shouting and laughing (nothing horrible or too drunken) in the street 'til midnight... so I am weary today.
Geoff, have to be honest, cupcakes are stunning even though i say it myself, i did something i dont normally do, god knows why i'd though i'd take the risk, instead of adding all caster sugar, i halved it with soft brown sugar, turned out fine too.Tomorrow i'm going to take some cupcakes into a hairdressers close to where i work as a taster, hopefully he'll order some regularly from me.
I know this is an old thread, but I too noted down the recipe from iplayer, and since getting the book have realised that it was wrong on TV . You should NOT add 175g flour to the first batter mix. Simply add the quantities stated once the mix is split, giving 300g flour in total . So glad I finally figured this out, as it gives a less dry, properly risen result.