School bake sale - needs to be gluten free and nut free

(6 Posts)
NicolaMarlowsMerlin Fri 25-Nov-16 17:44:22

I am at a loss. Am in charge of bake stall and have done a bunch of stuff I know will work, but nothing that's gluten free as all my usual gluten-free recipes have nuts and the school has a no-nut policy. DD's best friend is gluten-free so I'd really like to have at least one thing the child can eat!

Any ideas gratefully received. I have most things in the house as bake a lot.

Lazybeans50 Fri 25-Nov-16 17:48:01

Meringue kisses dipped in chocolate?

AGrinWithoutACat Fri 25-Nov-16 17:56:48

Gluten free cake, brownies - there are loads of recipes out there or if you want something simpler - Rice crispie cakes or similar with GF cereal

If you want my go to cake recipe will add it here ..?

OldLagNewName Fri 02-Dec-16 10:58:41

Just buy gluten-free flour and then make cupcakes or whatever. I sometimes add an extra egg, as gf flour rises less well, but I don't bother with all the extra funny ingredients you often get in gf flour cake recipes.

TheBitterBoy Fri 02-Dec-16 11:05:01

Brownies work well with gluten free flour as the flour is really only there to bind the mixture not to enable it to rise.

NicolaMarlowsMerlin Fri 02-Dec-16 13:05:28

Thank you everyone and sorry for late reply! I don't own any of the gluten free flour mixes (I do have most of the separate flours but not sure how to combine). I ended up making some flour-free shortbread with cornmeal which worked well. Will have to invest in gluten free flour for next year! And yes pls to recipe links if anyone has them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now