Elsa braid cake- anyone made one before?

(4 Posts)
MightyMunki Sat 05-Nov-16 09:38:10

I'm attempting to make an Elsa braid cake- for my Elsa obsessed DD's birthday Inna few weeks time.

The plan is to buy a wafer or icing sheet with Elsa's face and shoulders and then pipe over the braid and decorate. Has anyone made one of these before?
I plan on putting the picture onto buttercream, will a wafer paper sit ok? Slightly worried it might shrink.
There are lots of options to buy these on Amazon/eBay. But I've never tried it before and don't want to let the little one down. Any tips?

MightyMunki Sat 05-Nov-16 09:43:53

Here is a pic of what I mean

Spookle Sat 12-Nov-16 15:58:18

Just Googled for you OP and found this information

High definition icing sheets are specially designed for high resolution printing on inkjet printers using edible inks. The smooth, white surface produces the best quality images with edible ink. This high quality icing will give you a photo-quality, bright and vibrant image.

The icing is the sweeter of the edible papers so it's perfect for cake toppers. It is extremely versatile and can be used on most cake toppings including marzipan, fondant, chocolate, buttercream whipped cream and frozen cake surfaces. Icing sheets have a long shelf life but for best results I recommend using within 3 months after you have received.

On this listing for the icing topper

Elsa face and shoulders

The seller's whole business seems to be these printed cake things so I guess they will know their stuff.

MightyMunki Mon 14-Nov-16 13:36:26

Thanks for your reply, ordered the same from Amazon, (same business I believe) and it looks alright so far, hope I don't mess up the piping blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now