Mixer recommendation please

(9 Posts)
Jointhejoyrun75 Mon 10-Oct-16 08:53:38

I am coveting the KitchenAid in pistachio, but really need a less expensive option. Is there one?

FormerlyCatherineDeB Mon 10-Oct-16 08:57:55

Kenwood Chef - much more capable, more powerful motor, attachments are cheaper, depending on the model you can add a food processor and blender as well as an army of unnecessary things.

I had a Chef, gave it away when I moved overseas, my MIL bought me a 6L KitchenAid.

I recently used the excuse of my food processor bowl breaking to buy a Kenwood Chef Titanium because it had everything with it and sold my KA.

Jointhejoyrun75 Mon 10-Oct-16 09:15:54

Thanks Formerly. Is it the Kenwood KMC010 Chef?

adogcalledbert Mon 10-Oct-16 09:17:18

I've had both. The Kenwood is more of a workhorse, the KA is much prettier on the worktop.
They do the same job IMO.

FormerlyCatherineDeB Mon 10-Oct-16 09:30:05

Yes that is the one. Far superior to the KA imo. DH, engineering type from the land of KAs was shocked by the Kenwood, its capabilities and strength. I think he thought that the KA would automatically be better.

Ginmakesitallok Mon 10-Oct-16 09:31:29

I've got a kenwood premier chef and love it. KA is very very pretty though!

CandyMcJingles Mon 10-Oct-16 09:32:10

Does anyone have the bodum mixer? I've seen one and it looks pretty but is it any good?

bookbook Mon 10-Oct-16 22:01:16

Kenwood Major here , wonderful workhorse

4merlyknownasSHD Wed 12-Oct-16 12:13:22

Replaced a 20yr old Kenwood Chef workhorse that burned out last year with a Kenwood Chef Premier on Saturday. Clearance price from Curry's £129.97 including a Liquidiser attachment. A bargain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now