What have you baked today/this week?

(61 Posts)
insan1tyscartching Sat 30-Jul-16 17:29:36

Feeling stressed just now so I bake when I'm stressed although I also bake when I'm happy and when I'm sad blush
I've made lemon drizzle,banana loaf sausage rolls and cookies today. Have taken some to a neighbour though as I bake more than we eatso what have you made?

PartyCityGhoul Sat 30-Jul-16 17:33:38

Last weekend I made a chocolate tray cake iced in ganache, and Strawberry cream cheese tartlets (I have a new favourite sweet paste now I think!)

I'm off this week so might bake a bit. I'm going to go on a hunt for an old fat free cake recipe which was awesome which I've managed to lose sad

P1nkP0ppy Sat 30-Jul-16 17:37:09

I've made flapjacks today using 50/50 muesli and rolled oats and added chopped apricots.
I made 3 boiled fruit cakes earlier this week (2 for freezer, 1 for DPs)

TheMshipIsBack Sat 30-Jul-16 17:37:12

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
Strawberry rhubarb pie
Granary bread (twice, just a regular chore)
Onion and goats cheese quiche

NoTractorsAtTheTable Sat 30-Jul-16 17:43:56

I've made quite a lot of bread (nothing fancy, but giving it a good wallop is very therapeutic!)

Peanut butter cookies (just peanut butter, sugar and an egg - very impressed!)

Might give some sausage rolls a bash tomorrow, it's been a while since we've had those!

Costacoffeeplease Sat 30-Jul-16 17:45:32

I've just made a trifle and some choc ice cream - the trifle isn't baking really, but there are home made sponges in the jelly! I made some choc brownies last week which I've just taken out of the freezer, and we're taking it all to a friend's bbq this evening smile

insan1tyscartching Sat 30-Jul-16 18:14:10

Ooh I nearly made boiled fruit loaf but the bananas were on their last legs so had to use them up. Will make one next time though as they are my favourite.
Often think about making bread but then go and make more cake instead, might have a go in the week.
Anyone else could happily bake most days but then feel irritated when it comes to making meals?

LunaMay Sat 30-Jul-16 18:21:48

Last weekend I made cake pops with 7yr old. Think I've only just cleaned up the last of the sprinkles.
I was bored at work Monday and am pretty sure I made the same cookies as a pp 1 cup p/butter 1 cup sugar and an egg! Also did similar brownies with cup of Nutella cup of flour and 2 eggs!

dementedma Sat 30-Jul-16 18:25:23

Nothing this week. But I have tried 3 new recipes so far. Two well received ( peanut chicken, and courgette and sweet corn fitters), and the third is smelling lovely in the oven as I write.
Might make a lemon drizzle cake tomorrow if I can be bothered.

ChristianGreysAnatomy Sat 30-Jul-16 18:27:28

Chipitas! Fucking delicious. Ds said they were yummier than halloumi (he is vair posh), and dd said they were yummier than chocolate.

Natsku Sat 30-Jul-16 18:27:54

I made a kind of bilberry and quark pie/tart type thing earlier this week. Was so good we ate the whole thing in two days, so I bought more bilberries yesterday so I can make another one.

MsInterpret Sat 30-Jul-16 18:29:24

We made flapjacks yesterday (nearly all gone). And made a loaf of bread with our leftover pizza dough too - does that count?! grin

plusthree Sat 30-Jul-16 18:46:54

Carrot cake and a Bakewell Tart.
I think I need to know about the strawberry tartlets.

ConciousUncoupling Tue 02-Aug-16 21:34:54

Banana pancakes for breakfast
Rainbow cake waiting to be decorated tomorrow

dementedma Tue 02-Aug-16 21:35:46

Boiled fruit loaf. Eaten in less than 24 hours. Grrrrr

Xmasbaby11 Wed 10-Aug-16 22:58:25

I've made two lemon drizzle cakes and tomorrow making some kind of cakes with the kids .. probably cupcakes!

I definitely prefer baking to everyday cooking!

MilkyChops Wed 10-Aug-16 23:15:28

A potato.

grin

Sorry.

BavarianMax Tue 16-Aug-16 14:28:27

I made a Key Lime Pie this week! I actually made the same one last week as well which turned out better. Here is a pic of last weeks one: www.instagram.com/p/BIoizthjMUG/ what do you think?

P1nkP0ppy Tue 16-Aug-16 14:31:19

Courgette muffins
Fish Pie
Raspberry cheesecake underway 😋

Poocatcherchampion Thu 18-Aug-16 16:34:19

Ive just made biscuits with the littlies. They are tired and annoying me smile
Pancakes isn't baking is it?

DramaAlpaca Thu 18-Aug-16 16:37:28

I've been teaching myself how to make cheesecake, so last week we had an amazing raspberry one and this week a lovely lemon one.

There were a few egg whites left over from something DH had made, so I had a go at meringues. I was pleased with them, though piping them was ridiculously messy.

Oh, I made shortbread as well. Used semolina and the texture was gorgeous.

I love baking, just don't often get the time to do it.

girlsyearapart Thu 18-Aug-16 16:41:23

Banana and chocolate cupcakes and dark chocolate cookies
I love baking too smile
Since the kids have been off school and I've been off work we've baked at least one thing a week. Scones - lots, biscuits - lots, birthday cake - twice.
Anyone got inspirational egg and nut free recipes ?

drspouse Sat 20-Aug-16 16:05:22

Flapjack. Fell apart as usual though it tastes OK
I was going to make it from an I can Cook recipe as DS loves those but theirs had flour in. That's not flapjack.

mogloveseggs Sat 20-Aug-16 16:07:15

Gingerbread blobs (spread into each other in the oven) and chocolate cupcakes today.

SealSong Sat 20-Aug-16 16:09:08

I made a sunflower and honey spelt loaf earlier. It's good but a bit crumbly.

What are chipitas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now