Help - my fudge is like tablet with a bullet proof vest on

(3 Posts)
loosechange Thu 07-Jul-16 21:44:02

What did I do wrong?

I read around, used a BBC good food recipe, and decided to mix at 110F to have softer fudge. Humph. U even faffed about wiping the side of the pan with warm water to dissolve any sugar crystals, - until I got bored of that part and stopped -.

I went to vigorously beat it when it was just under 60C (slightly above 110F) because a reviewer had done this successfully with the same ingredients. I would need a drill!!

I now have a rock solid lump of toffee, coated in 1tbsp of vanilla essence and 1/4tsp of sea salt. Bent in half an initially I thought maybe I could beat it into submission.

Wail.

This is all the fault of the thread discussing cake sales. I read about someone making away salt and vanilla fudge, and my stomach said yes.

MN - we need a tantrum throwing emoticon. The cross face one is inadequate for this.

Help. (For the next batch, clearly, this batch is buggered!)

justdontevenfuckingstart Thu 07-Jul-16 21:46:17

I think slow cooker fudge is the way to go .Not tried it, but am on a slow cooker site and it works every time from what i see. Slow cooked wonders on facebook.

loosechange Thu 07-Jul-16 22:17:55

That could be a plan. I have a ginormous slow cooker.

Although this could enable me to make an even bigger cock up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now