When to frost carrot cake?

(3 Posts)
strandedabroad Sat 27-Feb-16 19:00:15

Hi all,

I'm a very inexperienced baker!

I've just made carrot cake to take to a dinner tomorrow. It's currently cooling on a rack. Last step is adding the frosting - it's mascarpone, cream cheese, icing sugar and lime juice and zest.

When do I frost it - today or tomorrow? I've already premixed the frosting.

I've looked everywhere online but no definite answer. Lots of people say the day before is fine but the same day would be better. Others say the day before and put in an airtight container. Others say leave out to dry.

Any advice?

Thank you.

1frenchfoodie Sun 28-Feb-16 16:50:02

Personally I'd frost tomorrow so you don't need to refrigerate the whole cake tonight (unless you have somewhere else cool to leave it) but the reason there are lots of ways around this is that there is no one right way. The frosting sounds great - how does it taste?

strandedabroad Sun 28-Feb-16 23:56:13

I did it late last night in the end. Went in the fridge and it was fine to eat today. It was yummy thank you - it was this Jamie Oliver's recipe: www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/a-rather-pleasing-carrot-cake-with-lime-mascarpone-icing/#h3hZsv58SyAd1Zeh.97

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now