When do you all start to make your christmas cake?

(11 Posts)
cuntycowfacemonkey Sat 17-Oct-15 11:59:17

Have never made one before, always say I'm going to and then leave it too late. Is it too early to start now? (am in a baking mood at the moment!)

Generally speaking when do you start to make yours?

SingingTunelessly Sat 17-Oct-15 12:55:11

Made mine two weeks ago and now getting a weekly dose of alcohol. Never too early!

cuntycowfacemonkey Sat 17-Oct-15 13:12:57

Ooh that's good to hear! I'm really in the mood to start making it!

SanityClause Sat 17-Oct-15 13:14:44

DH made ours about a month ago, and is taking a marzipanned and iced one up to PIL, today.

You're positively late, woman!

Buttercup27 Sat 17-Oct-15 13:15:24

My dm always starts making hers around easter time (she soaks the fruit for about 6 weeks first) she makes amazing Christmas cake.

mangocoveredlamb Sat 17-Oct-15 13:16:23

I usually aim for the first weekend of half term (I'm a teacher) but usually do it the last weekend!

cuntycowfacemonkey Sat 17-Oct-15 13:16:51

Clearly judging by you user name SanityClause grin

Right off to do some shopping. Woo Hoo!!!

thecapitalsunited Sat 17-Oct-15 13:19:11

I'm doing mine today. I'm about a month behind my normal schedule though so not sure it will get enough booze.

LumelaMme Sat 17-Oct-15 13:21:52

Made about two weeks ago and being anointed with alcohol at intervals.

Later on today I might finally start making the sloe gin.

bikingintherain Tue 10-Nov-15 15:03:12

Just made mine today, and feeling a little bit smug as I made my own candied peel to go in it! (Only as I live overseas and didn't get organised for someone to post me some!)

cressetmama Thu 26-Nov-15 21:38:45

Made mine today. First ever. Feeling like Mary Berry. Will soak in brandy for the next few weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now