What can I cover my cake board with?

(8 Posts)
AmorVincitOmnia Thu 25-Jun-15 07:17:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BikeRunSki Thu 25-Jun-15 07:18:20

Silver foil?
Coloured cellophane?

RoganJosh Thu 25-Jun-15 07:23:44

I'm guessing there's a reason you don't want to use icing? You can get ready roll black.

evilharpy Thu 25-Jun-15 07:31:09

I would definitely cover it with icing. Anything else would look a bit odd.

I've done a few cakes in my time and have taken courses etc and all the teachers complained about uncovered boards looking horrible.

Pointlessfan Thu 25-Jun-15 07:33:30

Yes I've done courses where they've said that too. Ready roll icing would be best. If it's a space ship could you use black icing then cut out stars from white or gold icing to stick on?

Youmakemydreams Thu 25-Jun-15 07:48:26

Icing is the way. I have just done ds2's cake. Buttercream on the board to make it stick then ready to roll icing smoothed over the top. Is great for sticking letters on too with the birthday message

AmorVincitOmnia Fri 26-Jun-15 06:03:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SunnyAgain Thu 02-Jul-15 20:09:36

If you cover the board in icing, do it is as soon as possible so the icing dries out and hardens before you put the cake on. You can then position the cake without wrecking the ice board. If it's still soft you can harden it by putting in the oven on a really, really low temperature (40-50 deg C) for about 30 mins and then let it cool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now