Help me make a Dalmation Dog cake for DD1

(8 Posts)
pigleychez Fri 27-Jun-14 20:38:15

DD1 is soon to be 6 and this year has requested a Dalmation cake. We had a little google and she has boohoo'd any round cake with a topper and only likes the shaped cakes.

Anyone seen an good/easy ones about?

I made one years ago for DD. I baked a fairly large square sponge (with jam in the middle) then covered it with roll out white icing. I then copied the shape of a dalmatian's face onto the cake and cut round it. Then I copied the spots, nose, eyes etc onto it. I'm no artist but I have to say it looked really good. I've got a photo somewhere (pre-digital cameras) which I can dig out tomorrow if you like?

Something similar to this, only face straight on here

tethersend Fri 27-Jun-14 20:46:55
pigleychez Fri 27-Jun-14 20:46:58

Thanks Boris. That would be great. smile

Its not necessarily the dogs from 101 Dalmation film she likes. Its more dalmation dogs in general. Would be easier to copy something if it was!

Yes, my DD was obsessed with dalmatians and had a huge collection of ornaments etc. I did the Disney one because it was easy blush. Will try to find the photo though as I've never been any good at cakes and that one was quite good!

pigleychez Fri 27-Jun-14 20:49:05

I like the second one Tehter but doesnt seem to be much cake IFYSWIM. Guess I could do a bigger head and bum!

gratitudepr Sat 28-Jun-14 13:50:02

I would suggest going to google images and select DD1 favourite dalmatian. Print it and trace it onto a greaseproof paper and cut out the shape. Then trace the shape onto your cake. I normally use buttercream icing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now