Kitchenaid or Kmix stand mixers?

(12 Posts)
DillydollyRIP Mon 02-Jun-14 11:41:00

This has probably been done to death and I know it is a first world problem but just want to ask mn opinion.

My dh's Nan passed away and he recieved a little gift that was unexpected. I have been wanting a Kitchenaid for years now but there was always something more important to buy.
Dh has said that he'll treat me to one smile

After visiting John Lewis I've also seen a Kenwood Kmix stand mixer that looks a good contender. It is more powerful and it had a folding action, not sure if I need that?!

I have been using a hand mixer for mixing that is only 200w so either the KA or Kmix is a massive improvement.

I know people in real life that have Kitchenaids and they love them, I don't know anyone with a Kmix though.

Any votes for either?
Thanks.

DramaAlpaca Mon 02-Jun-14 18:23:45

Well, I know nothing about the Kmix, but I treated myself to a KitchenAid recently and I love it. Like you I'd wanted one for a long time but couldn't justify the cost, but then I was given a department store gift voucher so I decided to get one. I make the best cakes I've ever made in it, and it folds in flour perfectly at a slow speed. DH uses it for bread making & he is very impressed with the motor. I know it's shallow smile but I just love the classic look of the KitchenAid.

DillydollyRIP Mon 02-Jun-14 20:56:25

I think the style of the kitchenaid will go better in my kitchen and it comes in pretty colours smile

DramaAlpaca Mon 02-Jun-14 20:59:16

Which colour are you thinking of Dilly?

DillydollyRIP Mon 02-Jun-14 21:10:09

All of them?
I've narrowed it done to,
Pistachio
Cafe Latte, lovely in real life, all shimmery smile
Frosted pearl
Apple cider.

Boysenberry is lovely but will not match kitchen at all!

snowgirl1 Mon 02-Jun-14 21:26:36

Lucky you - you'll love it. I never wanted one, never saw the need as I had a hand mixer. Then I got given one for a 'milestone' birthday. It's great! But...if I'd known how good a stand mixer was and had been choosing for myself, I'd have gone for a Kmix or Kenwood Titanium chef as I like the cleaner lines. Re. the Kmix being more powerful, I can't imagine why anyone would need anything more powerful than the Kitchenaid - it's powerful, so don't let that put you off. Have fun choosing your colour!

JamJimJam Mon 02-Jun-14 21:28:48

No question - it's got to be a KitchenAid.

DramaAlpaca Mon 02-Jun-14 23:27:21

I love the Pistachio, beautiful colour. Because I was using a voucher I had to go with what the store had in stock at the time, so I ended up with a cream one. Not very exciting, but it won't date & will work with whatever colour I decide to paint my kitchen.

It makes me smile that almost every woman who comes into my kitchen has to stroke it. They are very strokeable smile

DillydollyRIP Tue 03-Jun-14 07:24:47

The sensible side of me thinks a cream/white one would be best so it won't look out of place if I redecorate the kitchen. There's too much choice!

DillydollyRIP Thu 05-Jun-14 10:01:17

I Think I'm going for the Cafe Latte colour as it's a neutral colour but metallic smile

pretty

DramaAlpaca Thu 05-Jun-14 10:37:50

Very pretty, and very strokeable!

DillydollyRIP Thu 05-Jun-14 12:22:11

Yes! It does look like it would be very nice to stroke smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now