Twice-baking biscuits

(4 Posts)
SixImpossible Tue 29-Apr-14 22:37:29

If I don't like the way my biscuits have turned out, can I pop them back in the oven the following day?

nannynick Tue 29-Apr-14 23:01:56

Not sure they would improve, may turn more into a rusk.

What biscuits are you making? Most biscuits only need around 8-10 mins in the oven, sometimes even less.
If you don't know the oven well or using a new recipe, then use multiple trays and put next to each other in the oven (if oven large enough). Then take one tray out after say 8 mins, other tray out after 10 mins, and compare the difference.

Keep in mind that biscuits (and cakes) keep cooking for a while out of the oven. They firm up when they cool, so even if they do not look done they may be.

I made some lovely biscuits yesterday, they took 8 mins in the oven (I usually put them in for longer) and they were just turning golden when I look them out. The kids said they were nice as they were hard on the outside and soft in the middle. So I guess they were better than my more usual crispy biscuits! I tend to overcook things as they don't look done when I take them out of the oven... it's a mistake I am trying to overcome.

SixImpossible Wed 30-Apr-14 00:12:13

I wanted them to be more shortbreadish, but they've come out shortbread on the outside and spongier/cakish on the inside.

PeanutButterAndMarmite Sun 18-May-14 15:12:36

Bit late now, but the word biscuit actually means cooked twice , so I'd think you could cook them twice without any trouble!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now