Fancy making a cake tomorrow- what should I make?

(14 Posts)
theincrediblealfonso Wed 02-Apr-14 18:36:32

Any recommendations, I can't decide! I'll be going to the shops beforehand so can grab any ingredients I might not have.

ShatnersBassoon Wed 02-Apr-14 18:37:26

Coffee and walnut for me please.

dannyboyle Wed 02-Apr-14 18:39:59

Chocolate tray bake with chocolate ganache top smile

Chopsypie Wed 02-Apr-14 18:42:24

Chocolate and Guinness cake with cream cheese frosting.

theincrediblealfonso Wed 02-Apr-14 18:49:26

Chocolate is tempting...

I made two semi rich fruit cakes today and Tana Ramsey's Lemon Drizzle cake

They are all for the freezer, honest guv. <hides crumbs>

CountessOfRule Wed 02-Apr-14 18:53:05

Blueberry lemon drizzle

Gareth Malone mentioned it on his webchat, so I made one. Oh em gee.

Flour, sugar, butter, eggs, a lemon, blueberries.

Dust blueberries in flour, then add them and lemon peel to standard sponge mixture.

When baked, make syrup from the lemon juice and 3oz of sugar I used the microwave. Pour over and leave to set. As it cools, the sugar comes out of solution and goes crunchy on top.

watermint Wed 02-Apr-14 18:53:58

Spanish almond & orange cake. I made it for wheat intolerant dp and it was amazing.

theincrediblealfonso Wed 02-Apr-14 18:57:15

Ooh, that sounds lush Countess

Chopsypie Thu 03-Apr-14 16:32:29

So come on, what did you make?

theincrediblealfonso Thu 03-Apr-14 18:48:22

Hi Chopsy,

I ended up making this: www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2973693/mary-berrys-orange-layer-cake

because I had some oranges to get rid of! Changed it to a choc sponge though because, yknow, just eating a chocolate orange just wouldnt have enough calories grin

rubyflipper Thu 03-Apr-14 18:49:20

Cherry and almond cake, please!

dementedma Sun 15-Jun-14 21:49:32

Stand bys here are Paul Hollywoods Banana Loaf ( but with half the recommended sugar), lemon drizzle, Nigella's chocolate clementine cake and a lime iced sponge traybake.

duzzlightyearsmum Wed 27-Aug-14 21:16:22

Just wondering how much cocoa powder you put in the sponge to make it a chocolate one? Sounds perfect for friends visiting on Friday and I'm 39 weeks pregnant so quite frankly if I want chocolate cake I'm having it lol xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now