What food processor should I buy?

(8 Posts)
Rowingdowntheriver Tue 11-Mar-14 14:23:38

I wonder if anyone can help? I'd like to buy a food processor that does chopping and also does the mixing / whisking needed for baking a cake. I want to spend less than £100 but have no idea what to go for.

Please can I have some recommendations?

Thanks!

Rowingdowntheriver Sat 22-Mar-14 16:11:03

Anyone?!

Tommy Sat 22-Mar-14 16:15:42

you'll be lucky for less £100 I should think. I have broken 2 in the last month or so because they were cheap ones

MoreBeta Sat 22-Mar-14 16:25:46

TBH I think you will struggle under £100.

I have a Magimix in white. You might be able to get online for £150 if you shop around.

It is heavy duty and will last a decade. Anything less will break in a year or two. The motor takes a massive amount of strain on a food processor and its that part of the machine you pay for. As a rule, the heavier the machine, the better the motor and the more expensive and the longer it will last.

Rowingdowntheriver Sat 22-Mar-14 16:37:07

Thank you! I think I had under a £100 in my head as I keep seeing them in the supermarket for that price but wasn't sure if they were good value. I'll probably go for the magimix given it sounds like it will last.

Slainte Sat 22-Mar-14 20:27:48

Does a Magimix also beat ie sugar and butter etc? TIA

MoreBeta Sun 23-Mar-14 11:34:51

I use my Magimix to make cake batter all the time. I just use the normal large blade attachment. It works well.

Slainte Sun 23-Mar-14 11:35:44

Thanks MoreBeta

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now