Tescos Lurpak baking tin offer!

(16 Posts)
AlpacaPicnic Fri 28-Feb-14 22:29:14

Just thought I'd share the love...

Tescos have a special offer atm, a square baking tin (brownie/traybake sized) with two blocks of Lurpak butter in it for �5!

By my reckoning, the butter alone would be costing at least �4... totes worth it bakers!
Ooh, the packaging has two recipes on it, squidgy chocolate brownies and a lemon drizzle cake, that look really nice.

chocoluvva Sat 01-Mar-14 16:24:56

Ooh. Thank you. Sounds tempting. my trays always go rusty in hardly any time

GingerMaman Sat 01-Mar-14 16:27:00

Ooooh yummy! Another reason why I need to place a tesco order ASAP smile

Fleamog Sun 06-Apr-14 15:22:09

Bought the butter with free tins - v pleased with myself and thought I would get perfect chocolate brownies with the right sized tin (previously tended to use whatever I had and sometimes this was WRONG). But their recipe must also be seriously WRONG as the resultant brownies were extremely sloppy - basically not cooked in the middle. I did wonder, as there was only 50g of flour which seemed way too little - think this can only be a misprint - Anybody have the ear of Lurpak to get them to check it??? Wasted time, ingredients and effort on this. Grrrrr.

GinSoakedMisery Sun 06-Apr-14 15:23:32

Was just coming on to say that Flea. We attempted it two times. First time I burnt it as left it in a little longer, second time was just a sloppy mess.

The tin is great for Yorkshire puds though.

kjkeith30 Tue 03-Jun-14 10:57:41

Just thought I'd share my results on the brownies....its the 1st time I have ever been able to have successful brownies not even when I have tried them from a betty crocker box they went wrong!! I find they take an hour tho to cook or even a few mins longer to get the squidgy but not wet texture and mix dark choc and milk and they are just decadent! Really want to try the lemon recipe but ive lost the card :-(

AlpacaPicnic Wed 11-Jun-14 21:16:19

Lurpak lemon drizzle cake...

Beat together 160g of butter and 160g caster sugar until light and fluffy.
Then whisk in three eggs - but one by one.
Add zest from 2 lemons, then fold in 110g plain flour and 1tsp baking powder.
Mix in juice of one lemon and 50g ground almonds. Pour into tin.
Bake for 30 at 170c.
For the drizzle - melt 20g of butter, then stir in juice of one lemon and 80g caster sugar, until sugar dissolves.
Poke holes into cake while still warm, pour over drizzle. Leave cake in tin to cool, then cut into 20 bite size pieces.

whatchutalkinboutwillis Wed 11-Jun-14 21:23:35

not sure about their tins, got a similar one in sainsburys with a similar offer and after a few weeks the tin is unusable - not very good quality

silversky900 Sat 14-Jun-14 11:40:43

Tescos Lurpak baking tin offer
Hi
Does any one have the brownie recipe that came with the above offer?
Also the Lurpak lemon drizzle cake recipe posted, is that using the same size tin that was on offer/

AlpacaPicnic Sat 14-Jun-14 12:55:38

Yes, its the recipe that came with the tin. I did make it but without the ground almonds (because I didnt have any in! ) so I just subbed with the same amount of flour.
I do still have the brownie recipe at home, I'll post it when I get back tonight!

AlpacaPicnic Sat 14-Jun-14 19:32:03

Melt 200g butter and 300g chopped dark or milk chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water (I'm sure you could use a microwave too!)
Whisk 3 eggs in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add 250g dark muscovado sugar and whisk until thickens up. Fold in the melted chocolate and butter, then sieve in 50g flour. Fold until combined.
Pour mixture into a lined tin and bake for 30-35 minutes at 190c. You will see a crust on top when they are done. Leave to cool in the tin, then cut into small squares. They taste even better the next day!

silversky900 Sat 14-Jun-14 21:57:05

A massive thanks to AlpacaPicnic for the recopies, I will be making them over the weekend.

AlpacaPicnic Sat 14-Jun-14 22:34:47

Then you must send me some! For without me, there would be no cake... <hopeful>

RobertMalcolm Tue 14-Oct-14 22:59:02

I'm not a mum, so I don't even know if I'm allowed. However, I used the Lurpak Lemon Drizzle recipe and thought it was amazing. Then I thought about improving it.

Using two baking tins I made two bakes, added the drizzle topping to (the top) one and stuck them both together with lime buttercream (zest and juice of a lime, 120g butter, 250g icing sugar).

I couldn't keep my wife away from it with barbed wire and a machine gun nest. smile

RobertMalcolm Tue 14-Oct-14 23:03:59

PS. I also made the chocolate brownie thing but I didn't get to eat much of it because 'friends' stole chunks of it - oh alright, people heard about it and visited, ate some and went away again to tell others.

RobertMalcolm, next time, put a bit of really hot mustard under the buttercream in the corner your wife will attack. One taste of that, and you may manage to keep her at bay long enough to have some of the rest of your cake yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now