Using a food processor to knead bread dough-advice please!

(5 Posts)
jessisinthegarden Wed 08-Jan-14 18:26:38

Just that really- for ease and speed I am going to try and use my new food processor instead of making it by hand.
My questions are:
Can I carry on using my usual white or wholemeal bread recipes without modifying ingredients?
Does the order I mix the ingredients in, change?
Do I still leave ingredients to rest 10mins after I've hand mixed them, before turning machine in to knead?
Anything else I need to know to avoid any massive cock-ups please?

Many thanks!

Madlizzy Wed 08-Jan-14 18:32:38

I bung it all in and let the machine get on with it. I have an ancient Kenwood Chef processor.

jessisinthegarden Wed 08-Jan-14 19:07:22

Thanks MD- I saw some YouTube video about kneading dough with a kitchen aid -mine's a big standard morphy Richards- and it recommended to put water with yeast and sugar in bowl first, rest for 10mins and then add flour, salt, oil...wondered why...do you knead at any particular speed or for a certain amount if time, by the way? Thanks.

Madlizzy Wed 08-Jan-14 23:46:14

I don't. No particular formula here. I mainly use mine for pizza dough and it turns out beautiful. I just bung it in and let it knead for a few minutes or until the noise gets too much. One thing I will recommend is sticking a tea towel underneath the machine so it doesn't slip.

jessisinthegarden Thu 09-Jan-14 14:18:08

Thanks for the advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now