Bread maker, which one?

(10 Posts)
Flojobunny Fri 27-Dec-13 21:47:55

After years of deliberating about whether I'd actually ever use one more than twice I have decided to, finally, buy one.
But which one should I buy? Some seem to leave huge hole in the bottom where mixing blade goes etc.
Thoughts please?

FryOneFatChristmasGoose Fri 27-Dec-13 23:46:17

I have the Cookworks one from Argos. Yes it has a hole in the bottom, but actually for a basic machine (£40), I've used it loads since I got it in October for my birthday. And the bread is nice too.

fossil971 Fri 27-Dec-13 23:52:42

The Panasonic ones usually get the best write ups. I have one, it's my second breadmaker (first was a Kenwood). The Pan makes WAY better bread than the Kenwood did and is also much better build quality, the breadpan is more solid and it's quieter.

The mixing blade hole is not a big deal. A couple of slices have a small hole in the base, they taste just the same though.

I love ours, we use it for all our bread and run it about 4-5 times a week. We also use it for pizza base dough and occasionally a flavoured bread. Which reminds me, time to load it up for tomorrow morning. Happy baking!

wallpaperaddict Sat 28-Dec-13 00:09:55

Panasonic for sure. I had a breville one which made okay bread. Then when it died I got a Panasonic and the difference in the taste and texture of the bread was really noticeable. Also the hole in the finished loaf is much smaller on the Panasonic!

Horopu Sat 28-Dec-13 00:10:44

Panasonic.

poisonedbypen Sat 28-Dec-13 00:28:31

The answer is always Panasonic on these threads & I agree.

Panasonic. My one is 10 years old and still fantastic.

Foxsticks Mon 30-Dec-13 13:09:08

I'm about to pick up my brand new Panasonic this afternoon - I am ridiculously excited! I know there will be a recipe book inside the box but I'd like to pick up the ingredients when I collect it. Can anyone tell me what I need for a basic loaf?

fossil971 Mon 30-Dec-13 13:38:31

Strong plain flour. Fast acting yeast for breadmakers (sachets). Butter, salt, sugar.

If you want a wholemeal loaf it comes out well with 75% strong wholemeal/25% white.

Foxsticks Mon 30-Dec-13 13:42:53

Thanks fossil!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now