Dairy free bread recipe for breadmaker please...

(9 Posts)
Bayliss1 Mon 18-Nov-13 11:23:15

Anyone got a recipe for dairy free bread that can be used in a breadmaker please?

Lilymaid Mon 18-Nov-13 11:25:10

You don't need any dairy in breadmaker bread. Milk powder is unnecessary and oil substitutes fine for butter.

callamia Mon 18-Nov-13 11:27:39

Do you ever need dairy? I don't use a breadmaker, but I'm sure you need nothing more than flour, yeast, water, salt, sugar and oil. I only sometimes substitute milk for some of the water.

spanky2 Mon 18-Nov-13 11:30:04

look for a recipe with olive oil . My recipe is a glug of olive oil which isn't very helpful .grin

roguepixie Mon 18-Nov-13 11:31:44

Use a milk power substitute and olive oil for the butter - I use 3 tbl spns for 25g of butter.

Bumpsadaisie Mon 18-Nov-13 12:00:53

Only dairy I use is butter - replace with olive oil.

I have a Panasonic bread machine and always use olive oil, 3 tablespoons for 500g flour.

LeeLooDallasMultiPass Wed 20-Nov-13 21:01:17

I have a panasonic breadmaker and the recipes for that call for 400g flour and 15g butter but I don't bake bread in it I only use mine to make dough (I can't knead by hand)

So my dough recipe is for a 2lb granary loaf which is 1.25tsp yeast, 550g granary flour, 1.5tsp, salt 2 tsp sugar 320ml water and 2 tbsp oil. I also add seeds into it to make a seeded granary.

I have never added milk powder to any loaf, white or otherwise. There is simply no need.

ErrolTheDragon Wed 20-Nov-13 21:06:53

Yup - any recipe that calls for butter, I just use the same weight of light olive oil. It may seem odd to weigh oil but why not - I just put the bucket on the scales and pour it in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now