Kenwood Chef Premier and separate food processor, or Titanium?

(9 Posts)
PandaG Tue 17-Dec-13 08:37:07

I have a titanium and love it, and have been very happy with the processor too.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 17-Dec-13 08:35:09

I have a Titanium and I love it.

But I don't really use it as a food processor. I have a mini Braun handheld thing that has a little processor attachment which I use if I'm doing a big quantity of garlic/ginger etc for eg. a curry or if I'm making a salad dressing that needs things chopping and blending. Otherwise I use a knife for chopping veg.

I do use the liquidizer bit a lot for batter, breadcrumbs, doing fruit for jam etc.

Jergens Mon 16-Dec-13 23:28:10

I love my Titanium. It is the bees knees. Agree with others though that the processor bit is just ok.

MrsAMerrick Sat 14-Dec-13 17:59:23

I have the Titanium and love it, use it loads but I use my old (20+ yrs) food processor for those sort of tasks as the one with the kenwood isn't as good.

Onefewernow Sat 14-Dec-13 07:39:30

I have a lovely new red kmix, but the best piece of equipment I ever invested in was a magimix 5200. Had it 15 years and still use it daily, as do the kids.

struggling100 Mon 09-Dec-13 10:29:53

I have the Titanium, and I love it! However, I would say that the food processor on it isn't as good as a top quality standalone device. It doesn't do a bad job, though- and for someone like me who usually prefers using a knife anyway (except for onions!), it's not a problem!!

However, the thing about the chef is its versatility - you get a great cake mixer that is also an ice cream maker, flour mill, grinder, juicer, fruit press, pasta maker, potato peeler etc. etc. etc. etc. I use mine every day.

I'll second the titanium. I think it's fantstic although I do have a mini processor attachment that fits onto a hand blender for small jobs.

Alonglongway Thu 14-Nov-13 00:45:30

It's such an individual thing - no one else can really advise. I have the titanium and a few attachments and am very happy with it.

INeedThatForkOff Wed 13-Nov-13 17:27:35

We've decided on a chef mixer for Christmas, and were set on the Titanium which includes a processor attachment. However the Premier is a very good price on Amazon at the moment. We have storage space. Is a standalone processor a sturdier piece of equipment? Or is the Titanium processor as good as I need?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now