Kenwood Chef Premier and separate food processor, or Titanium?

(9 Posts)
INeedThatForkOff Wed 13-Nov-13 17:27:35

We've decided on a chef mixer for Christmas, and were set on the Titanium which includes a processor attachment. However the Premier is a very good price on Amazon at the moment. We have storage space. Is a standalone processor a sturdier piece of equipment? Or is the Titanium processor as good as I need?

Alonglongway Thu 14-Nov-13 00:45:30

It's such an individual thing - no one else can really advise. I have the titanium and a few attachments and am very happy with it.

I'll second the titanium. I think it's fantstic although I do have a mini processor attachment that fits onto a hand blender for small jobs.

struggling100 Mon 09-Dec-13 10:29:53

I have the Titanium, and I love it! However, I would say that the food processor on it isn't as good as a top quality standalone device. It doesn't do a bad job, though- and for someone like me who usually prefers using a knife anyway (except for onions!), it's not a problem!!

However, the thing about the chef is its versatility - you get a great cake mixer that is also an ice cream maker, flour mill, grinder, juicer, fruit press, pasta maker, potato peeler etc. etc. etc. etc. I use mine every day.

Onefewernow Sat 14-Dec-13 07:39:30

I have a lovely new red kmix, but the best piece of equipment I ever invested in was a magimix 5200. Had it 15 years and still use it daily, as do the kids.

MrsAMerrick Sat 14-Dec-13 17:59:23

I have the Titanium and love it, use it loads but I use my old (20+ yrs) food processor for those sort of tasks as the one with the kenwood isn't as good.

Jergens Mon 16-Dec-13 23:28:10

I love my Titanium. It is the bees knees. Agree with others though that the processor bit is just ok.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 17-Dec-13 08:35:09

I have a Titanium and I love it.

But I don't really use it as a food processor. I have a mini Braun handheld thing that has a little processor attachment which I use if I'm doing a big quantity of garlic/ginger etc for eg. a curry or if I'm making a salad dressing that needs things chopping and blending. Otherwise I use a knife for chopping veg.

I do use the liquidizer bit a lot for batter, breadcrumbs, doing fruit for jam etc.

PandaG Tue 17-Dec-13 08:37:07

I have a titanium and love it, and have been very happy with the processor too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now