ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Icing figures

(5 Posts)
Pos1 Sun 10-Nov-13 11:18:42

Hi

I want to make some Peppa Pig models from icing for my daughters b'day cake. How far in advance can I make them? Will I need to keep them in the fridge? I notice the pack of icing says not to store in the fridge......

jojane Sun 10-Nov-13 11:23:37

You can make em a few days in advance and store them in an airtight container

soapnuts Sun 10-Nov-13 11:25:09

Definitely don't store in the fridge - you want them to dry and the fridge is pretty damp. You can make them quite a long time in advance - I've done a good couple of weeks. Best is to store them in a paper cake box with a desiccant sachet (like you get in handbags when you buy them or you can get special ones from a cake baking shop. Failing that a cup of rice should do the trick. I did some peppa figures a few weeks ago and there are fab tutorials on you tube - made it so much easier! They turned out really well - good luck!

soapnuts Sun 10-Nov-13 11:26:14

And don't store in an Tupperware - that keeps the moisture in - you want them to dry.

Pos1 Sun 10-Nov-13 11:37:06

Thank you both - without your answers I would have stressfully done them the night before then put them in a Tupperware in the fridge! Lucky I asked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now