Just made my first ever baked cheese cake, not sure if I've done it properly

(12 Posts)
Ridersofthestorm Fri 04-Oct-13 17:17:07

I'm really not a baker at all, but I was willing to have a go at making a baked cheese cake today since its my dp favourite.
I first had a Rachael Allen recipe but our little co op didn't have the full set of ingredients. I couldn't be arsed walking to a big supermarket so I quickly googled for an alternative recipe on my phone.
I found a nice recipe for a lemon and raspberry baked cheesecake on the BBC website. I quickly got the ingredients and started making it when I got home.
However there was a section about cooking times and gas marks I was confused about it just doesn't sound right to me.

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1940698/baked-raspberry-and-lemon-cheesecake-

Does that sound right to have it on such a low heat for only 45 mins? It still looked wobbly on top when I turned the oven out. I really am clueless. I hope the link posts I still can't manage to do that on here either haha

Ridersofthestorm Fri 04-Oct-13 17:18:11

Hurray!! I managed to post a link haha

notapizzaeater Fri 04-Oct-13 17:20:08

Last baked cheesecake I made was wobbly when I took it out, it firms up in the fridge overnight

notapizzaeater Fri 04-Oct-13 17:22:52

Some of the comments have said they cooked it for 15 mins longer, but not all so cant be too far off.

SummerRain Fri 04-Oct-13 17:26:03

That recipe says cooking time = 1 hour 45 mins.

45 mins in the oven and then an hour in the oven after turning it off. Did you open the door during that hour? If the heat escaped too quickly it may not have fully cooked

Ridersofthestorm Fri 04-Oct-13 17:37:06

It's been in near an hour (after the 45 min bake) I took a quick peek. Oh dear I've ruined it haven't I?

notapizzaeater Sat 05-Oct-13 15:07:15

How was it today ?

Ridersofthestorm Sat 05-Oct-13 19:52:13

Hi pizza

It's been in the fridge all last night (as suggested), I've no idea if its right tho haha, it looked good, smooth looking and creamy on top, very firm now. My dp had a good look at it last night wanting to get his greedy mitts on it, he thought it looked fine. It doesn't look baked though, so no brown edges or anything.

Unbelievably we still haven't tasted it, we were meant to take it to dp's mum today who is in hospital (haha awkward if it wasn't alright) but forgot! Been busy all day so we're savouring it until after dinner.

So if I don't update, I've probably poisoned myself and might be in hospital smile oops

notanyanymore Sat 05-Oct-13 19:54:51

I bet it'll be lovely!! You really DON'T want to over cook it or it goes grainy and horrible

Ridersofthestorm Sat 05-Oct-13 20:15:11

Oooh good anymore, it might just be a success after all, yay! Ill be getting all Lloyd Grossman on its arse very soon (late dinner).

Ridersofthestorm Sat 05-Oct-13 21:45:51

Right, the verdict is in on the baked cheesecake and...it was bloody handsome, if I do say so myself.

I've never made cheesecake before so I am pleased as punch. I think I'll have a go at a few more smile

notapizzaeater Sat 05-Oct-13 22:36:37

Fab - obv you need to send us all A slice just to confirm xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now