Giant cupcake

(7 Posts)
princesscupcakemummyb Mon 02-Sep-13 09:52:00

im going to have a go at making one today i was wondering for those who have made one before what did you put it on frosting/decoration wise

I use fondant on the bottom and buttercream on the top. I avoid chocolate on the top or it looks like a giant poo!

I have been looking at those, and I really wonder what the appeal is. Is it not just a whole lot of "sponge" and a layer of icing on top?

Or do you cut layers and add fillings inside? To me they just look extremely boring, unless they are filled with yummy stuff! Please put me straight?

inneedofrain Mon 02-Sep-13 10:01:21

I made a chocolate cupcake case for the bottom and put the cupcake inside it and then used butter cream inside the cupcake and fondant and buttercream on the top.

I´ve also made a bucket full of sand with a handle and a spade from the same mould which was fun.

HTH

inneedofrain Mon 02-Sep-13 10:09:07

QuintessentialOldDear I always cut mine and fill with butter cream, strawberries, jam, chocolate / fruit mouse or gaunche (sp) anything I can think of!

Ah, that sounds good! grin

princesscupcakemummyb Mon 02-Sep-13 11:27:23

great ideas all and lol @ blueberryboybait i was wondering that myself about the inside and filling it ive never made it before so this shall be fun seeing what it turns out like the kids are eager to help haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now