What shall I bake?

(11 Posts)
loopyloou Fri 30-Aug-13 20:44:14

I'd like to bake a cake for the weekend, have looked through my books, but am not feeling inspired.

Does anyone have a fave recipe they'd recommend?

I have the usual ingredients, plus cocoa, lemons, cream, blueberries, strawberries, a little dark choc (only 50g), peanut butter.

nannycook Fri 30-Aug-13 20:56:54

Oooo, loopy, you could go to town with those ingedients, what about lemon and blueberry cupcakes, or choc and peanut butter squares, brownies with fresh cream and strawberries, cheesecake, please send me whatever you make a piece in the post.

loopyloou Fri 30-Aug-13 21:00:37

Hmm, I never have much luck with brownies, either undercooked or overlooked.

Lemon and blueberry cupcakes sound good, do you have a recipe? Just a basic sponge with lemon and chuck blueberries in? What would you put on top?

I have ricotta, but not sure about cheese cake - no biscuits for the base.

loopyloou Fri 30-Aug-13 21:01:29

Sorry that should read overcooked - damn phone!

nannycook Fri 30-Aug-13 22:17:06

Yep just good ole basic sponge, lemon zest inside, blueberries inside, the beat some creamcheese in the buttercream and place a blueberry on top.

nannycook Fri 30-Aug-13 22:17:35

Yep just good ole basic sponge, lemon zest inside, blueberries inside, the beat some creamcheese in the buttercream and place a blueberry on top.

MarianForrester Fri 30-Aug-13 22:20:52

I found a delicious lemon drizzle cake recipe on here.. Will seeif ca find it..

Armadale Fri 30-Aug-13 22:25:45

Eric Lanlard's Peanut Butter Blondies.

Words. Cannot. Begin. To. Describe.

Recipe here

(You can also watch him making them on 4od on the Baking Mad Programme.

Littlefiendsusan Fri 30-Aug-13 22:37:00

I want to do something with blackberries,as they are ripening just now,prob will make a basic sponge and just chuck them in. Maybe with a crumble-like topping.
A nice,seasonal,cakey end to the summer hols.

loopyloou Fri 30-Aug-13 22:54:33

Mmm blackberry tray bake with crumble topping! I saw something similar on the BBC Good Food website.

Peanut butter blondies ... Yum! Will check that out!

I love lemon drizzle but make it a lot. Just fancied something different, but will fall back on lemon drizzle if nothing else appeals.

Too late now, will probably bake tomorrow morning. Settled for Eton mess for dessert instead grin

loopyloou Sun 01-Sep-13 13:49:25

I went for a chocolate cake with cherry jam and fresh whipped cream filling and melted milk chocolate on top - yum. I will try the peanut butter blondies next time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now