Home made bake well tart

(11 Posts)
LifeIsSoBad Thu 04-Jul-13 20:09:05

I love to bake but it doesn't seem to love me hmmbut I'm still trying and I've set my sights on making a bake well tart. I found a recipe on BBC good food, has any one tried this? Or does anyone have any good tips that will help make its success?

middleagedspread Thu 04-Jul-13 20:14:40

I've done it with success. If you can't be bothered to make the pastry (easy if you have a food processor, time consuming without) bought pastry is fine.
Use plenty of jam.

I've also done to BBC Bakewell cake which is lovely.

LifeIsSoBad Fri 05-Jul-13 10:03:15

Thank you smile think ill give it a go today

CalamityKate Fri 05-Jul-13 10:07:45

My DS loves making Bakewell tart!

He uses the Mary Berry recipe (GBBO fan).

It's simple enough for an 11 year old to make alone (although he struggles to get the pastry to fit the case;that's a work in progress smile )

It goes lovely and chewy when it's cold. No idea if its meant to but I'm not complaining smile

Pancakeflipper Fri 05-Jul-13 10:19:27

I use the Mary Berry and its super easy and not yet gone wonky.

I am generous on the jam.

CalamityKate Fri 05-Jul-13 10:22:44

Yes I always try to encourage DS to put a bit more jam on but having AS he's a bit of a stickler for recipe accuracy hmm

Pancakeflipper Fri 05-Jul-13 10:36:56

Mary does say be generous with the jam ( I love Mary).

CalamityKate Fri 05-Jul-13 11:05:37

Ooh does she? In that case he's decided for himself what the definition of generous is!

Pancakeflipper Fri 05-Jul-13 11:08:14

Ha ha !
Impressed he can bake it. I know it's easier than it looks to make that one but still needs time and concentrated. Very yummy too.

LifeIsSoBad Fri 05-Jul-13 18:46:43

Brill do you know if the Mary one is online?

Oh god if your DS can do it and I fail then ill be out to shame grin

LifeIsSoBad Fri 05-Jul-13 18:46:59

Put to*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now