Cake pops without machine, definitely not mushed up cake though!

(6 Posts)

The knack to getting the sticks to stay in is to coat the end of the stick in melted choc before pushing it into the ball, the refrigerating until set.

YDdraigGoch Mon 01-Jul-13 22:18:17

Oh wow! They are really cool! How in earth have they passed me by??

MarianForrester Sun 30-Jun-13 16:51:56

Yes, I did some in one of those. It worked quite well- don't fill them too full is my tip (though I did get lots of "extra" bits to cut off and sample)

I really struggled to get the sticks to stay in, but there must be a knack...

They looked pretty, got stuff to dip them in as icing, sprinkles, and wrapped in cellophane wrappers tied with ribbon. They were for a school sale.

VikingVagine Sun 30-Jun-13 16:48:37

They were fashionable a year or two ago, tiny cake son sticks. Completely pointless but quite pretty and kids seem to love them. Look up Bakerella, she's the goddess of cake pop decorating but they must be innedile because she mashes up cake and buttercream .

YDdraigGoch Sun 30-Jun-13 16:23:21

What the hell are cake pops????

VikingVagine Sun 30-Jun-13 16:20:18

DS has just announced he would like cake pops again for his birthday party on Wednesday. I don't have a machine and don't want to mix up sponge with buttercream again as it's yuk (yes this is a professional food term). I've ordered a mould that snaps shut and you bake in the oven. Has anyone else got one of these? Are there any tips I need to follow?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now