Recipes for filling macarons

(12 Posts)
VikingVagine Sun 23-Jun-13 17:25:21

So, after extensive research I now have a great list of ideas for macarons, I know how to make the shells, but haven't mastered the filling yet, does anyone have any great recipes for flavoured buttercream or ganache, or any other ideas on what to use as filling?

Here is the list of flavours:

Red - strawberry, raspberry, rose, rhubarb
Orange - apricot, orange, caramel
Yellow/cream - lemon, vanilla, passion fruit, elderflower
Green - mint, pistachio, lime, tea, gooseberry
Blue - blueberry, peppermint
Purple - black current, blackberry, lavender
Brown - chocolate, coffee/walnut, chai
Grey - earl grey

nannycook Sun 23-Jun-13 22:05:16

Mmm they sound good, however i have never made these, let me know how you get on.

VikingVagine Sun 23-Jun-13 22:11:38

I put a photo on my profile of an apricot macaron I made this weekend grin

nannycook Mon 24-Jun-13 07:08:09

They look amazing, they were the selection you made for your party werent they?

VikingVagine Mon 24-Jun-13 16:26:14

Nope, the NYE party ones were chocolate orange, they weren't as good as the apricot ones!

VikingVagine Mon 24-Jun-13 16:27:27

(Thank you by the way grin )

Midori1999 Thu 27-Jun-13 18:30:09

OMG! I am extremely envious of your macarons, I just cannot seem to make them, yours are amazing! Would you consider sharing your recipe please?

VikingVagine Fri 28-Jun-13 11:05:49

Gladly (it took me a while to get it right), I watched this video and followed the recipe given below the video. The woman is somewhat irritating, but everything she says is true. I find I have to have my oven a little lower than 150°C (probably about 130°, I don't know exactly, it's an ikea oven with a dial).

VikingVagine Fri 28-Jun-13 11:07:20

(And looking again at your amazing cakes you definitely don't have anything to be envious about!)

midori1999 Thu 04-Jul-13 12:34:42

Thankyou, I'd rather be able to make macarons though. grin

I tried the recipe and they did rise, albeit a bit unevenly, so had feet, but they were stuck to the baking paper. Annoying!!!! Any tips?

I will not give up....

VikingVagine Thu 04-Jul-13 16:24:57

If they stick to the being parchment it usually means they're undercooked, I leave mine of the tray for an extra ten minutes (not in the oven, just using the heat from the tray), or put them back in the over for an extra minute or two. You can also try pouring a drop of water under the parchment, but you have to be careful not to get the macarons wet too!

midori1999 Thu 04-Jul-13 17:14:33

Thankyou. I've tried all that with other recipes and it made no difference, but I'll try again.

I wonder if I'll just never be able to make them...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now