JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 23-Jun-13 13:38:37

Have a try of this smile

Flapjack

6oz gluten-free oats
4oz brown sugar
3oz butter
2oz golden syrup
2oz sultanas/almonds/nuts as you prefer

Melt sugar, syrup and butter together (I use the microwave).

Stir in oats and extras.

Bake at 170 for 30-45 mins depending on how crunchy you like it. It looks like a melty puddle when you take it out but soon sets. Cut it up before it totally cools.

Yum times a squillion.

UptoapointLordCopper Sun 23-Jun-13 19:48:20

Dan Lepard says in Short and Sweet that most cookies can be made with gluten-free flour as a substitute. I've used Dove Farm gf flour, buckwheat flour and corn flour (usually a random mix) without getting into any trouble.

For savoury recipes, Invest in gluten-free soya sauce and lots of Japanese and Chinese recipes are easy to do.

You can substitute in cornflour in a lot of recipes (eg the nutella cookies) without any noticeable effects.

Belugagrad Wed 26-Jun-13 14:37:18

Bbc good food chocolate mousse cake- egg whites are used as raising agent. Delish!

hatchypom Wed 26-Jun-13 14:43:22

Use polenta instead of breadcrumbs to make chicken strips etc add some Cajun seasoning and oil for flavour / texture

CMOTDibbler Wed 26-Jun-13 14:46:28

Nutella cookies are super easy and yum made with Doves Farm flour. I am also very into almond butter cookies (can use choc chips or dried apricot pieces) and peanut butter cookies at the moment which work perfectly gf.
To be honest, apart from bread or pastry, I can do anything else gf and it will taste great.

Nutella cookies sound yum- is there a specific recipe or shall I google?

Lottiesmama312 Mon 19-Aug-13 23:07:39

BBC gluten free Banana bread:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bananabread_74771

My favourite gluten free cake!
Also a great way of using up ripe bananas!

grin

Lottiesmama312 Mon 19-Aug-13 23:09:10

My friend always makes me an amazing gluten free cake with earl grey tea in if! Can't find the recipe tho!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now