Share your best biscuit recipes - please :)

(9 Posts)

Simplest ever shortbread:

5 oz plain flour
1 oz ground rice
2 oz caster sugar
4 oz butter

Mix dry ingredients then rub in butter to breadcrumbs. Press into a round thing - I use a lid from a pyrex dish but a cake tin or pie dish would do too. Bake at gas 4 for half an hour or until golden. Sprinkle with sugar and slice into triangles while still warm.

Belugagrad Thu 20-Jun-13 21:34:51

50shadesofbrown, I made these cookies tonight, just a quarter batch, delicious! Dh loves them too. Dd can try one tomorrow. Thanks!

Haha yes I tend to make a batch of these cookies when we have a charity fundraising & dress down day at work. I work in a big office building with several hundred people & the cake trolley is a standard feature. I'm doing a full batch in July as my team as organising the fundraising this month. It does take a while with just a small domestic oven...

Takver Wed 19-Jun-13 20:22:58

The Anzac cookies look excellent. Do you reckon they'd work with ground almonds as an alternative to coconut, as dd doesn't like sweet coconut things (mind you, I could just eat them instead . . .)

Takver Wed 19-Jun-13 16:07:25

grin at the 112 cookies - sounds like a good one for cake stalls!

I've never explored the MN recipe list - will do so now smile

I got this recipe emailed to me a few years ago. Apparently it's from some fancy shop in the USA called Neiman Marcus. The lady bought a cookie in their cafe & asked for the recipe, they said, sure, it's two-fifty. She didn't check her receipt (silly) but got a shock when her credit card bill came, they charged $250. She tried to get a refund but they refused. So, she said, since she'd essentially bought the recipe, she'd do as she wanted with it.

You can split the recipe to make a smaller batch - it does make quite a lot. They are totally yummy.

2 (500 ml) cups butter
24 oz. (680 g) chocolate chips
4 (1000 ml) cups flour
2 (500 ml) cups brown sugar
2 tsp. (10 ml) (Bicarb) soda
1 tsp. (5 ml) salt
2 (500 ml) cups sugar
18 oz. (500 g) Hershey Bar (grated). (Cadbury chocolate for Australians & South Africans) And English grin)
(1250 ml) cups blended oatmeal
4 eggs
2 tsp. (10 ml) baking powder
2 tsp. (10 ml) vanilla
3 cups (375 ml) chopped nuts ( optional )

Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder.
Cream the butter and both sugars.
Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and Bicarb (soda).
Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar, and nuts.
Roll into balls, and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes at (180 °C ) 375 degrees.

The above quantities make ± 112 cookies.

cathpip Tue 18-Jun-13 21:55:15

Mary Berry Anzac biscuits, you do need some of those washable baking sheet things to stop them sticking. smile

sharond101 Tue 18-Jun-13 21:51:39

the melting moments on the mumsnet recipe list are fabulous.

Takver Tue 18-Jun-13 21:47:12

That's it really - feeling like biscuits as a change from cake, but bored of all my recipes. Anything apart from peanut butter cookies welcome! (can't eat peanuts)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now