Kmix or kitchenaid ?

(5 Posts)
outtolunchagain Sun 16-Jun-13 14:42:54

I know it's been done before but am thinking of buying a stand mixer ,partly because I occasionally want to use it for softer doughs and also because my little hand mixer isn't really up to the job anymore .

I had always thought I would go for a kitchenaid but I have a kitchenaid processor about 10 years old and the motor has just gone and I fancy a change . Saw the kmix in JL and was really impressed ,especially at the cheaper price .

Are they really as good ?has anyone had a bad experience of one

Blatherskite Mon 17-Jun-13 10:20:33

I have a KitchenAid and I adore it. It's 5 years old now and gets used for everything. I love that you can buy loads of add ons and extras for it too.

outtolunchagain Sat 22-Jun-13 16:45:31

Ok definitely decided on the Kmix,now which colour ,dh likes the red (I do too) but I saw the Almond in John Lewis and it looks attractively retro,the kitchen is pale olive green and wood with stone floor and ivory walls,thought the Almond would be very liveable with ,but just seen the citrus on amazon which looks fun aaah...help

outtolunchagain Sun 23-Jun-13 11:17:50

Bumping for the Sunday baking crowd

johnJeffreys Wed 03-Jul-13 14:06:45

I have a pair of old 1970s Kenwood chefs which go on for ever and have a huge range of attachments (sausage maker anyone?!). You can sometimes pick them up in jumble sales but are still in production. I think John Lewis sell them and Amazon certainly do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now