can I freeze marzipan shortbread?

(9 Posts)
mrsdinklage Sun 16-Jun-13 21:30:46

coffee - I made it - and it was lovely. I didn't have any yellow food colouring so I put in a dash of red - so it came out a beautiful pink colour with a lovely cream stripe of marzipan in the middle - thank you for the recipe. Sitting here now with wine and happily remembering my df. flowers

That's lovely mrsd, hope it's as good as sounds.

mrsdinklage Sat 15-Jun-13 12:48:29

Thanks coffee - my df would have loved that - so I'll make it tomorrow and remember him smile

recipe

I've never made them before, so hoping they will be nice.

Marzipan and shortbread are my dad's 2 favourite things so thought I would have a go grin

Florin Sat 15-Jun-13 12:21:16

That sounds amazing can I have the recipe, you can freeze shortbread before cooking I think but have never tried it. Don't know how the marzipan will affect it though.

mrsdinklage Sat 15-Jun-13 12:19:38

Stiffy I want the recipe too - it really does sound good

StiffyByng Sat 15-Jun-13 12:16:16

I have no idea but it sounds gorgeous. Can you share the recipe?

mrsdinklage Sat 15-Jun-13 12:06:17

I don't know if you can freeze it,but my mum used to keep shortbread in a tin for ages and it was lovely - but it sounds lovely I want to make some smile

Just made some marzipan shortbread. It's in the fridge, before I have baked it (so not yet cooked).

However it was for my dad for fathers day, but not seeing him tomorrow now, can I freeze it at this point then defrost and bake later, or will other nasty?

Tia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now