Freezing cupcakes

(4 Posts)
Doughnutmaestro Sat 08-Jun-13 08:42:49

Yesterday I acquired sixty eggs and four packs of butter "on the cheap" £2! I did what any sensible person would and immediately baked 120 cupcakes, didn't ice them (I'm out of icing sugar) but now I have 120 cupcakes, I obviously don't want to waste them so put them 3 to a sandwich bag and popped them in the freezer.
I then had a panic over night that I've ruined them. Will they be ok in the freezer? Can I just get them out and defrost them three at a time (there's three of us so one each) and ice them whenever?

I was so confident last night with half a ton of cupcakes then second guessed myself lol

Any ideas what I could do with the other 40odd eggs that are cluttering up my fridge and go out of date tomorrow?

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Sat 08-Jun-13 08:58:19

Cupcakes will be fine, I freeze cake pop mixture if I have to make loads and never have any problems

I love google

worley Sat 08-Jun-13 09:03:03

meringue ??
ive frozen birthday cake before (my db was travelling and we saved him a piece for when he arrive home. tasted absolutley fine smile

VikingVagine Tue 11-Jun-13 18:22:52

I always freeze cupcakes, ten mins in a warm oven to defrost and bob's your uncle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now