Chocolate chip cookie recipe. Not chewy!

(3 Posts)
phoenixfox Tue 28-May-13 20:38:37

I'm looking for a chocolate chip cookie that is more biscuity in texture. I don't like the soft and chewy type. I've made 3 batches over the weekend but they are all thin, soft and chewy! I think maybe they have too much sugar in them. I think all the recipes have too much sugar in them. There is almost a translucent quality to them and my teeth hurt from them. So, anyone with a stodgy cookie recipe please?!

Have a look at FolkGirl's recipe on www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1700784-Big-and-chunky-Maryland-cookies-are-completely-over-rated. I do the oat & raisin version, using vanilla sugar, which is delicious, but apparently you can substitute chocolate chips for the raisins. They aren't chewy, but not particularly crumbly either.

For a drier recipe try
125g butter
50g vanilla sugar
50g soft brown sugar
1 (large) egg
125g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
125g plain chocolate chips

Beat butter, sugars and egg until fluffy. Mix the baking soda & salt into the flour and incorporate into the butter mix. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop teaspoonfuls of the mix onto a baking tray lined with parchment. Bake at 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5 for 8-10 mins (reduce slightly if fan oven). Remove from oven while centres are still slightly soft and leave on the baking tray for a couple of minutes before cooling on a wire rack.

phoenixfox Sat 01-Jun-13 11:48:33

I'll give that a go! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now