Ideas for decorating creepy crawly cupcakes??

(7 Posts)
suebfg Wed 08-May-13 14:05:33

Thanks. Some great ideas there!

christinarossetti Wed 08-May-13 11:21:21

We did spider ones for Halloween (idea from Charlie and Lola magazine)

Bake cupcakes, cut those red sweet shoe laces into half and lay 4 across each cake making 8 legs. Cover cake with chocolate icing and put chocolate sugar strands on, so that legs stick out. I think we used half white chocolate buttons for eyes.

Convert Wed 08-May-13 11:20:49

I made a Halloween cake with bits of green food colouring dabbed on to look like mould, marzipan rolled in to worm shapes and painted with pink colouring, spiders webs iced on and iced on flies. It was surprisingly easy.

inneedofrain Wed 08-May-13 11:16:16

Or if you want nice insect ones.

then you can do a reverse fairy cake ones

Ie cut the tops off of the cup cakes FLAT!

ice in remaining cup cake black, ice the cut of sections red and split creating "wings" put back on with spilt apart in a v shap and decorate with dots for lady birds

Black and yellow strips add a face and two white chocolate buttons for wings (or almonds, or anything really) and you have bee

inneedofrain Wed 08-May-13 11:12:09

Oh another idea

Chocolate butter cream piped round the edegs of the cupcake and then put worms coming out of the middle (buy the worms in big bags I think they are made by harribo)

OR flat ice the top of the cup cakes with chocolate butter cream and cut the worms up and stick some out of the butter cream (ie mud pie cakes)

I had to do a load for DD hallowean party at school!

inneedofrain Wed 08-May-13 11:08:22

ok,

I would go for green butter cream and plastic bugs from a pound shop or similar!

You can also do a easy spidersweb, by pulling black icing or chocolate whilst still wet across butter cream or fondant icing ie. cover cupcakes in fondant icing, pip 3 or 4 cirles of black icing ontop pull a cocktail stik through from the middle at intervals to make a spiders web,

Lady bird cupcakes, with red fondant icing and then pipe black line down the middle across the top and dots could be done out minin marshmallows,or piping work

Hth

suebfg Tue 07-May-13 21:05:14

I need some simple ideas for decorating cupcakes in a creepy crawly theme. If there are decorations I can buy from a shop rather than having to make them myself that would be event better!

Any ideas/tips greatly appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now