Will this recipe adaption work? Chocolate and apple tart

(6 Posts)
Fuckwittery Fri 26-Apr-13 12:28:37

I made this pecan pie a little while ago and it was yum. Want to make a cake or tart for a friend tomorrow, but we're on a strict food budget so I can only use what I have in the house,
Going to make pastry (my nemesis), and have all ingredients for the pecan pie, except the pecans! Thinking of doing it with sliced apples instead, so apple and chocolate tart? It was quite a gooey tart when I made it before so don't know how it will turn out with the apples. Tart experts, what do you think?

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Fri 26-Apr-13 12:49:09

Hmmmmmmmmm., envy I am very jealous.

this is a dutch version of choc and apple pie and it looks lovely. Im sure it will work!

KobayashiMaru Fri 26-Apr-13 12:50:42

not sure, have you thought about using pears? Pears and chocolate is a classic combo.

KobayashiMaru Fri 26-Apr-13 12:51:13

oh sorry, you want to use what you have. no reason it won't work.

Fuckwittery Fri 26-Apr-13 12:54:52

Ooh that choc and apple link looks aaaaamazing, I've got sidetracked by the link to the home made butter on there.

I have no pears in the house, but I have frozen raspberries, oranges and bananas, I was going to say strawberries but dd2 seems to have snaffled nearly all of the while I was mumsnetting my back was turned.

I also have, randomly, pistachios, and glacé cherries which I was wondering about.

nannycook Fri 26-Apr-13 19:24:22

Yum yum yum to anything using chocolate, pear and choc, apple and choc, orange and choc, just choc, bring it on!! Someone make me something pleeezzze.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now