Freezing biscuits - before baking or after?

(3 Posts)
roundabout1 Mon 22-Apr-13 21:33:53

I have offered to do some baking for a charity event but given that my kids seem to be the most unhealthy ones around I think I need to bake ahead & freeze. So I know cupcakes & brownies freeze ok but with biscuits I can't remember the best way of doing it. I was thinking of rolling out & cutting the shapes then freezing on a baking sheet then popping them into a freezer bag. Will they then be ok to cook from frozen? I know before I have frozen the dough but knowing me I will forget to defrost the dough & then run out of time!

frazmum Tue 23-Apr-13 06:47:17

Your plan sounds fine. I find if I take the dough out of the freezer by the time my oven heats up the dough is defrosted enough to cook. For some reason cookie dough doesn't seem to freeze really solid if you get what I mean. You may just need to increase the cooking time slightly.

roundabout1 Sat 04-May-13 17:43:52

Thank you, now just need to find the perfect biscuit recipe, I had one but can't find it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now