Agh! Please help me rescue my grey batman cake which has turned green...

(6 Posts)
FumblesandFrolics Sun 21-Apr-13 21:36:04

It seems to have stabilised a bit in the dark cupboard. Although if I look closely I can still see hints if green.

Hmm, still can't decide what to do.

VikingVagine Sun 21-Apr-13 17:14:32

Any luck?

FumblesandFrolics Sat 20-Apr-13 19:28:51

Thanks. I'm going to try and get some tomorrow.

DH thinks it isn't too bad, although the leftover icing is definitely green. I have packed the cake in a dark cupboard for now and will see if it deteriorates further tonight. If the powder doesnt work then it Might be easiest to takeoff the damn logo and recover with better grey although it might be a little thick then?

Google search has confirmed wiltn black gel colour to make grey is not very stable and is better to make using pre coloured black, with white icing. Hindsight...

VikingVagine Sat 20-Apr-13 18:18:25

Something like this might work (applied with a soft brush).

VikingVagine Sat 20-Apr-13 18:15:49

You could try and make up some paint with black food gel and a drop of something (I think it's alcohol, google how to make it), or maybe with black food powder?

FumblesandFrolics Sat 20-Apr-13 17:27:38

Hi,

I have a fondant covered grey cake which has turned green overnight!

Is there anything I can do to rescue it? I have already made and put on the batman logo, so it is nearly finished.

If I can't rescue the existing icings it possible to take off this fondant covering and replace, or am I going to be making the entire cake again? <sob>

It's for a friends nephew so has to be the right colour would pass it off as ok for my own...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now