I am in love..

(15 Posts)
dothraki Fri 12-Apr-13 22:25:42

Poledra - at least you enjoyed some of it. My DM used to make the best meringues in her kenwood

Poledra Fri 12-Apr-13 22:15:57

Well, made a chocolate cake, we ate half of it then DH dropped the rest on the floor, with the plate it was on which shattered all over the cake! The bit we ate was lovely...

nannycook Thu 11-Apr-13 20:35:43

Also i bought a Kmc510.

nannycook Thu 11-Apr-13 20:32:21

poledra, yeh, i bought a chef tonight from currys, beautiful thing it is bless it.used it tonight with a massive 12inch cooking already.

nannycook Wed 10-Apr-13 17:50:43

Kenwood chef it is then, if i'm honest i was edging towards it anyway, dont need all singing all dancing tho as have all the others, the difference in price is amazing, amazon, currys, its about £100 difference. The one i have at the moment is only a cheap one and it really is struggling with the load bless it. Also i have a 3 tier wedding cake to make in June and cant afford for it to break down on me just yet.

NumTumDeDum Wed 10-Apr-13 13:38:41

<sharp intake of breath, bites lip longingly> I want one. Ooooo.

soapnuts Wed 10-Apr-13 13:34:04

oh you lucky thing - thats the one i've got but its no longer lovely and shiny because it;s been used so bloody much! it's my third baby.... I love it!

Poledra Wed 10-Apr-13 13:25:03

Well, I thought the best way to start off was to make things I've done before, just to get my hand in, as it were. So, chocolate cake for the DDs, some biscuits (shortbread maybe?) and a pie for tea.

<not over-thinking this at all, oh no>

purplewithred Wed 10-Apr-13 13:18:51

mmm what are you going to make on Friday?

Poledra Wed 10-Apr-13 13:15:33

Nannycook, I spent hours of my life dithering between Kitchenaid and Kenwood. Many an evening was spent surfing t'internet, reading reviews, reading bits out to DH who studiously ignored me, comparing things on websites. In the end, I chose the Kenwood as it seems to be that they are longer-lasting than Kitchenaid (I found a forum somewhere where some engineers were discussing it, and they all went for Kenwood) and from friends' recommendations. A Kitchenaid is so purty, but Kenwood is for life grin

Anyway, I got the KMC010, which has the 3 different outlets so has a blender and food processor that go with it, and can take all the other accessories on the front outlet (the pasta maker and so on). I do already have a food processor, but it's 12 years old and can't last forever, so this way, I can use that till it dies then not need to replace it.

It's this one - isn't it handsome? grin

nannycook Wed 10-Apr-13 12:45:58

oooo poledra, your helping me make my mind up, gonna buy one in the next month but its a choice between kitchen aid and a KW chef. So your in love with yours already then? which one did you get as theres so many types isnt there?

dothraki Wed 10-Apr-13 10:20:54

Actually I'm really terrible at throwing away - so I just need a very big hiding place smile

Poledra Wed 10-Apr-13 09:35:49

I like your style dothraki - most of the stuff on the worktops could be doing with getting thrown away actually...

dothraki Wed 10-Apr-13 09:29:54

If he is like my DH none. But who cares - I am jealous - just chuck everything on the worktop away grin

Poledra Wed 10-Apr-13 09:20:14

I got my new Kenwood chef titanium delivered yesterday. I didn't actually have time to use it last night but I might have washed it all carefully, polished off the smudgy fingerprints left by DH and small people touching it (how dare they??) and stroked whenever I passed it in the kitchen. I cannot wait till I have the chance to try it out properly (though it will be Friday before I have time).

What's the chance of DH having cleared the promised space for it in the kitchen by tonight??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now