Has anyone made vintage style cupcakes before?

(35 Posts)
nannycook Tue 02-Apr-13 22:04:19

Just wondered if anyone had some good tips they're like to share.

nannycook Sun 07-Apr-13 09:43:49

Inthe, thank you, wish i could come with you, where is your course? gonna try and upload my pics now.

nannycook Sun 07-Apr-13 09:57:20

Grey, mike, Viking and Inthe, put my pics on for you to see,.also put a pic on i did this week for a lady who wanted something for her christening cake.

MikeLitoris Sun 07-Apr-13 10:07:15

They look great Nan.

I love carinas cakes. She so over the top its great.

Lovely cakes nanny- really good.
It's in the midlands. The lady runs her own business and does amazing workshops. Let me see if I can find a link.

www.bake180.co.uk/product-category/workshops-2/adult-classes

Here it is. She does one that you can learn everything for doing your own business for £100 or individual ones for about £40. We're doing the vintage one but I want to do the cocktail one too!

VikingVagine Sun 07-Apr-13 12:19:29

There was nothing wrong with your wording whatsoever, of people took the time to think before jumping to conclusions, MN wouldn't have the bad reputation it has!

Oh and they all look wonderful, as always!

VikingVagine Sun 07-Apr-13 12:20:09

If, not of.

MikeLitoris Sun 07-Apr-13 16:26:19

There is a ridiculous amount of hatred for anything cupcake related on here and it pisses me off.

Some people call them buns, some say faity cakes and some cupcakes. So what?

You asked a perfectly normal question in the correct place Nan. Why people felt th need to be so rude is just beyond me.

nannycook Sun 07-Apr-13 20:30:46

Oh never mind not worth getting upset about eh?
Got a cake to make for next weekend, handbags she wants, was gonna buy a mould so much easier, saying that i did just make my own to go on top, out of the cake decorating mag, in a smaller version. Mike, i know what my lady wants now on her wedding cake, hydrangers cascading down the tiers, at least i know now so can start making them, you ever made them?

nannycook Sun 07-Apr-13 21:13:30

Mike, carinas cupcakes were at the Cake Decorating International in Birmingham last Nov, thought i'd seen the one pic before, the photo frame pic , the cupcakes looked like a three degree display, she had gold for them, amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now