Belling stand mixer?

(10 Posts)
Poledra Tue 12-Mar-13 22:50:14

My faithful little hand mixer has finally expired, and DH has suggested I get a 'proper' stand mixer to replace it. Well, as a good and dutiful wife, I am happy to oblige him grin. Anyway, while searching online, I found this one. It looks nice, but I have never heard of it before. I can't see it on the Belling website so have emailed them to ask about it. I've googled and can't find any reviews of it. I wondered if any of you had seen this or even had one yourself and could give me your opinion?
Thanks so much.

Poledra Wed 13-Mar-13 09:17:06

Shameless bump with planetary mixing action and 10 speeds...

Poledra Wed 13-Mar-13 14:32:15

C'mon, someone pleeeeease?

I should have put Kitchenaid in the title, shouldn't I?

Sunnymeg Wed 13-Mar-13 17:05:22

I believe these have been sold on the Ideal World shopping channel. You might find some reviews of their website.

Sunnymeg Wed 13-Mar-13 17:05:43

on their website even!!

GriffMG Thu 16-May-13 09:54:47

I just got one of these from my wife for my birthday.

It's actually not bad at all.

You can see where the extra money goes on a K-Mix, it isn't all Die Cast metal, although some of it is, and it is quite noisy.

It does come with two bowls and is, apparently, guaranteed for 3 years (you have to register and presumably suffer a load of marketing emails).

Going to be knocking out some scones with it later... smile

nannycook Sat 18-May-13 19:15:25

that looks good,, just bought a kenwood, love that too!!

GriffMG Thu 20-Jun-13 22:35:13

Been living with the Belling for a few weeks in France, baking bread - don't know why, the local stuff is fine!

It's not bad at all. You get used to the noise. You need to adjust the position of the head quite carefully or your ingredients don't get mixed.

Two bowls is very nice. A weight on the top helps keep it from moving too much.

Very good at pizza dough.

It's an 80/20 thing. 80% is good 20% is not so good. Not having a safety cutoff when you lift the mixer is probably most of that 20%!

cgw11 Tue 01-Oct-13 21:18:28

@Poledra how is the belling working out for you? I am considering buying one with a groupon voucher.

Can anyone recommend one better for a comparable price? and has anyone tried it with Kitchenaid accessories - I am tempted by the grinder and pasta maker.

EasyToEatTiger Sat 19-Oct-13 16:30:05

I've just bought the Belling with a Groupon voucher. It took ages to find out anything about it. I phoned Belling and asked them about it. They said they hadn't sold enough to make it worth their while, so they sold the design to Morphy Richards. I spoke to Morphy Richards about it... Anyway, there is more information about Morphy Richards Belling stand mixer. So far, it works with nothing in it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now